Thursday, June 12, 2014

Foodie Find: Alexia Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries

Oh.  Yes.
 
Last week my local Sprouts had Alexia brand frozen potato products on sale.  Well.  Select variaties.  And you know what that means... all the stuff you like is regular price while the fat free low salt wasabi seaweed lemon pepper fish flakes are "selected."
 
It wasn't quite that bad but most of the select variaties were of the sweet potato persuasion.  Despite the fad for sweet potato everything,  I confess that most of it leaves me just meh.  At best.
 
Then I saw these...
 
 
Hey.  Spicy.  Chipotle seasoned.  On sale.  Apparently that was the trifecta that convinced me to bring them home and fry them up to serve with burgers for dinner.

People... we have some serious not meh going on here.  I do strongly recommend deep frying.  Check out the rules for doing it right on a (much) earlier post.


No comments:

Post a Comment